ALL-4-ONE ACT FESTIVAL
Are you ready to get theatrical this summer? Penny & Pound is pleased to present our (virtual) One-Act Festival!
Following COVID-19 protocols, performers will rehearse and film a challenging
one-act production that will be viewed by audiences online via the platform showtix4u.com
Auditions will be held via Zoom.
MONDAY, APRIL 26th beginning at 7pm
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 28th beginning at 7pm
Rehearsals will begin
MONDAY, MAY 3rd. Location TBD.
Rehearsals will be held
MONDAY, TUESDAY, and FRIDAY
Each show will have one rehearsal per week. The exact rehearsal dates for each production are TBD.
Filming will be held from
JULY 4th- JULY 10th at The Cambridge Arts Theatre
47 Water St. South
* Auditions are open to performers ages 14-24. Some exceptions may be made.
* We are looking for performers of all levels of experience! Never done a P&P show before? We encourage you to audition!
* Here at Penny & Pound, we strive to make our productions as diverse as possible. Members of the BIPOC and LGBTQ2S+ community, as well as performers of all abilities, are encouraged to audition!
* Auditions will be held over Zoom and consist of a cold reading of some or all of the shows. Please fill out the form below to book your time slot!
* There will be a Student Fee in order to participate in the One-Act Festival. This fee helps pay for performance/rehearsal space, licensing, insurance, props/sets/costumes, and more. It DOES NOT go towards paying any of our staff members. We are all volunteers!
Have trouble with the Student Fee? Please let us know!
TRIFLES by Susan Glaspell
John Wright is dead and his wife, Minnie is the chief suspect for the murder. While she is held in town, The Sheriff, County Attorney, and Mr. Hale- a neighbouring farmer who discovered the grisly deed- have returned to the Wright's farmhouse to investigate. Accompanying them are the Sheriff's and Mr. Hale's wives, whose mission is to collect a few things for the imprisoned woman. Will they discover the truth while worrying over what the men see as trifles? | Drama/Thriller
GEORGE HENDERSON: Male. The County Attorney.
HENRY PETERS: Male. The Sheriff.
LEWIS HALE: Male. Neighbour of the Wrights.
MRS. PETERS: Female. Wife of the Sheriff.
MRS. HALE: Female. Neighbour of the Wrights and wife of Lewis Hale.
THE VALIANT by Holworthy Hall and Robert Middlemass
James Dyke is about to be executed for murder. He freely confessed to the crime, but will not confess to his true identity. Warden Holt and Father Daly, who have grown fond of the prisoner, try one more time to get him to open up. A young woman convinces the governor to let her visit Dyke to see if he is her long-lost brother. | Drama
FATHER DALY: Male.
WARDEN HOLT: Male.
JAMES DYKE: Male.
JOSEPHINE PARIS: Female.
THE JAILER: Male.
THE ATTENDANT: Male/Female.
FOURTEEN by Alice Gerstenberg
Mrs. Pringle is preparing to host a dinner party to introduce her daughter, Elaine, to the city's most eligible bachelor, Oliver Farnsworth. Illness and a blizzard force some guests to cancel and the three characters are compelled to try to salvage the evening and the dinner-table layout. | Comedy
MRS. HORACE PRINGLE: Female. A lady of fashion.
ELAINE: Female. Her debutant daughter.
DUNHAM: Female/Male. The butler or maid.
THE TWELVE POUND LOOK by JM Barrie
Harry Sims is soon to be knighted. Another honour in a long line of honours and success that characterize his life. There is only one blot on his record: his ex-wife. And she is about to spoil his morning. | Comedy
SIR HARRY SIMS: Male.
LADY SIMS: Female.
READY TO BOOK YOUR AUDITION?